Outpost Earth Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Going to Vegas baby!

Good evening everyone!

It’s official, am leaving for Vegas in about a week! YAY! While the many attraction in the city are more then appealing – if you embrace the ‘fakeness’ of it, which I totally intend to do - am also excited about my first encounter with the South West USA area.
Although I can’t wait to see the bright shiny lights, the natural wonders of the area are also calling my name. But since am short on time, I’ll only be able to visit one of the many natural parks on the area.

While Grand Canyon seems an obvious choice, my buddy and I are extremely torn between Zion Park and Death Valley. Both offer photographic dreamscape opportunity but there is something about Death Valley… The idea of getting back in touch with the desert – I previously and an intimate encounter last October of which I’ll tell you all about it soon – seems like an amazing opportunity. Am curious : what would you choose?

But with any opportunity come some challenges. Some of the best landscape photographers have shot both these locations so the stakes are high… I think it will be interesting to compare how I saw the Great West to what other have seen. Like this amazing shot of Red Rock Canyon taken by my buddy. I know am looking forward to it! H.